Well, I’m not actually telling you a million ways you can wear a chambray blouse, but simply that you CAN wear it a million ways. But here are a few of my favorite ways you can sport this timeless, useful piece. I just ordered one (Yes, I gave in and ordered one new. BUT it was on sale AND I had a 30% off coupon), so I’m excited to try out all these ways of wearing it. All images are linked to where I found them.
1. Yes, you can wear your chambray blouse with jeans. In fact, you should! Just go for a denim on bottom that’s a different shade from your top. And I like how this gal added some color with the bright belt.
2. Wear it with colored pants. Jeans or cords would look great. It’s just like wearing a colored top with blue jeans…except backwards.
3. Wear it under a sweater. Kayley here wore hers under a pullover sweater, but cardigans look great layered over chambray, too. I like how she dressed it up with that necklace under the collar and the ruffled skirt.
4. Pair it with a skirt. Any skirt. I like how it dresses down an accordion pleated skirt (I already have an outfit of my own planned).
5. tie it over a dress. This is a great way to bring those sleeveless dresses into fall. Just leave it unbuttoned and tie a knot.
6. Wear it to go hot air ballooning. 🙂